Lavender Essential oil (Lavendula Officianalis)
Lavender has been used for thousands of years and today has to be the most loved and used essential oil, and probably the one with the widest and most impressive list of applications.
If you can only afford one essential oil then chose Lavender. It is safe, versatile and gentle and may be used undiluted over small areas. The Essential oil with its “balancing” qualities is steam-distilled from flowering tops.
I prefer to use the Lavender Officianalis or Angustifoila in my products. It comes from the Mont Blanc region in the south of France. This Lavender is unique in its full bodied and earthy aroma, appreciated by true lovers of Lavender and is also cultivated for the perfume industry.
Here are some of the many benefits of Lavender. It may help to:-
- Reduce anxiety and emotional stress
- Improve sleep
- Helps to heal small burns and wounds
- Helps stop the itch of insect bites and the pain of Bee stings
- Restore skin complexion and reduces acne
- Slow aging with powerful antioxidants
- Improve eczema and psoriasis
- Helps alleviate headaches
- Helps to repel insects
- It is anti Fungal and anti bacterial
- Useful for treating Hair and Scalp problems
Avoid using lavender essential oil during the first 4 Months of pregnancy – longer if there is a history of miscarriage.